Unusually, Red House School has a few places available for children currently in Year 8 wishing to join Red House in Year 9 in September 2020.
Year 9 is the latest year group we would recommend joining Red House School.
Year 9 is a very important year as children select the subjects they would like to study at GCSE. In some subjects, such as English, Maths and the Sciences, they begin the work for their GCSE course during Year 9.
Visit Red House School
The best way to really understand what we do is to come and see us; we would love to show you around.
During your tour you will meet our dedicated teachers, see our wonderful facilities and have an informal chat over coffee with our Headmaster, Mr Ken James.
Joining Red House School
Children wishing to join Red House in Year 9 will be invited to spend a taster day with us.
They will sit the entrance assessment to allow us to gauge their potential. The assessment is undertaken in a relaxed setting and the results are viewed in connection with their school report and school reference.
Your child will then join their current year group and spend the rest of the day enjoying lessons and experiencing life at Red House.
Why Choose Red House School?
• Best in the North – Sunday Times ‘Parent Power’ 2020. We are delighted to be recognised as the top school in the whole of the North in the 2020 Sunday Times ‘Parent Power’ list in our category
• Highest rating of ‘Excellent’ in both categories following our inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate
• Tremendous GCSE results – our 2019 pupils achieved an impressive 100% pass rate with 99% obtaining grades 4-9 (previously grades A*-C), far exceeding the national average of 69%
• Small class sizes
• Unique family atmosphere
• Specialist teachers, highly qualified in their subject areas
• Extensive co-curricular activities
• Focus on teaching and learning, not testing
• Bespoke education, tailored to the needs of the children
• Focus on mindfulness
• Outstanding facilities including a music school, all-weather Astroturf pitch, science laboratories, design & technology suits, learning hubs and computer suites
• Flexible wrap around care from 7.30am-6pm
• Far reaching coach service
• Competitive fees
For further information on the Entrance Assessment for Year 9 or if you are considering joining Red House before September 2020 please contact:
Claire Bellerby, Head of Admissions
Tel: 01642 558119