Red House School has a few places available for children currently in Year 7 and Year 8 wishing to join Red House in Years 8 and 9 in September 2021.
Year 9 is the latest year group we would recommend joining Red House School. Year 9 is a very important year as children select the subjects they would like to study at GCSE. In some subjects, such as English, Maths and the Sciences, they begin the work for their GCSE course during Year 9.
Joining Red House School
Children wishing to join Red House in Years 8 and 9 will sit an entrance assessment to allow us to gauge their potential. The assessment is undertaken in a relaxed setting and the results are viewed in connection with their school report and school reference.
At Red House we are very proud of our…
• Small class sizes
• Unique family atmosphere
• Extensive co-curricular activities
• Focus on teaching and learning, not testing
• Bespoke education, tailored to the needs of the children
• Flexible wrap around care from 7.30am-6pm
• Holiday club which enables the school to be open 50 weeks of the year
• Far reaching coach service
• Competitive fees
• Best in the North – Sunday Times ‘Parent Power’ 2020 – we are recognised as the top school in the whole of the North in our category in the 2020 Sunday Times ‘Parent Power’ list
• Number 1 Independent School in the North East – The Department for Education ranked Red House School the Number 1 Independent School in the North East
• Tremendous GCSE results – in 2020 all of our pupils achieved 100% pass rate of grades 9-4 (previously grades A*-C)
• Highest rating of ‘Excellent’ – in both categories following our inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate
For further information on the Entrance Assessment for Years 8 and 9 or if you are considering joining Red House before September 2021 please contact:
Claire Bellerby, Head of Admissions
Tel: 01642 558119
Prospective families are very welcome to attend one of our open events which are held every term. Our next open event is a Twilight Tours event on Thursday 20 May, 4-6pm at the Junior School and 4.30-6.30pm at the Senior School. To attend the event please complete the Twilight Tours booking form and Claire Bellerby, Head of Admissions, will contact you to confirm the time of your tour. Please be aware that only families who have registered in advance will be able to attend and the number of tours available is limited.