7 February 2014

Dear Parents

Duke of Edinburgh practice walk

After checking the existing conditions in Reeth and consulting the weather forecast for Saturday, we have regrettably taken the decision to postpone this weekend’s practice walk. It is important that the children gain as much knowledge as possible from their practice walks and expeditions and it is felt that the forecasted weather will make navigation difficult and therefore hinder any learning opportunities afforded to them. We have also considered the state of the ground which is already waterlogged with more rain due to fall. We do not wish this to become a health and safety hazard to children while they are walking.

As soon as an alternative date has been set you will be informed.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Yours faithfully

Mrs S Williamson

< Back to News