3rd June 2015
As you may be aware, your son / daughter has been selected to represent the School in the North ISA Athletics Championships. The event will take place in Wigan on Monday 8th June and I would like to take this opportunity to bring your attention to the following arrangements for the day.
- Unfortunately, because the event is some distance away, it is important that pupils arrive at School no later than 6.30am.
- Pupils are required to travel in their school PE tracksuit and bring school shorts / polo top to participate. Sunscreen and a change of footwear are also advisable for the trip (spikes are permitted to be used in this competition).
- Packed lunches will be provided but pupils must bring at least one bottle of water to last them the day. Due to the early start, the packed lunch will not include a sandwich. However, it will include additional snacks to last the day and pupils may want to bring their own sandwiches / snacks in a small rucksack.
- The coach will also stop at services en route where pupils may have the opportunity to purchase additional food / drink.
- The competition starts at 10am at Robin Park Stadium (WN5 0UH) and parents are very welcome to make their own way there to support pupils.
- We aim to be back at School at approximately 6.30pm (obviously this is subject to traffic and other time restraints).
- If needed, pupils can attend athletics club (4-5pm) on Friday 5th June to help them prepare for their event.
Please let me know if you anticipate any problems with these arrangements.
Miss M Sweeney
Head of Physical Education