National ISA Athletics Championships, Birmingham – 17 June 2013
Well done to all the pupils who reached the National ISA Athletics Championships it was a great day with some excellent results.
Harry T came 2nd in the Discus
Olivia S came 2nd in the High Jump
Bex H came 3rd in the 1500m
Lucy P came 3rd in the Javelin
Congratulations also to Jess B, Harrison E, Phoebe W, Lucy T and Michael A for their great performances.
It was an amazing achievement for everyone to reach the National finals.
- James D won the High Jump
- Will T came 2nd in the Hurdles
- Ross H came 2nd in 100m, Discus and Shot Put
- Sam W won the Hurdles and the High Jump
- Ben S won the 400m “B” Competition
- Kathryn W won 50m, came 2nd in the 100m and 3rd in the Long Jump
- Matthew W won 400m came 2nd in the 200m and 4th in the Throw
- Lily P came 2nd in the High Jump
- Ashley L won the 200m and 400m “B” Competition
- Seren W came 3rd in 50m “B” Competition
- Lily CS came 4th in 100m “B” Competition
Year 4 also won the relay in great style to secure double points at the end of the afternoon well done to Matthew W, Lily P, Kathryn W and Lily CS.
Well done to everyone mentioned but also to all athletes who competed on the day.
U13 Invitation Athletics Claireville Stadium – 10th June 2013
Well done to all the pupils involved there were some fantastic performances on the day.
- Harry T won the Discus
- Ross H won the Triple Jump, came 3rd in 100m and 3rd in the Shot Put
- Will T came 3rd in the 200m & Hurdles
- James D won the High Jump
- Relay team came 3rd
- Olivia S won the Long Jump and High Jump and also came 3rd in the 200m
- Lucy P won the Javelin
- Rebecca H broke the event record in the 1500m (a year young!) and ran an outstanding race, unfortunately she just missed out on 1st place. Rebecca however beat the current school record, as the U13 Girls record stood at 6.14.15 from as far back as 1999, and Rebecca now replaces this with a staggering 5.31.70!!
- Phoebe White came 3rd in the 800m
- Girls came 2nd out of 8 schools
- Boys came 3rd out 8 schools
ISA Regional Athletics Championships – 22nd May 2013
Over 40 pupils from Year 7-10 travelled to Wigan to take part in the ISA Regional Athletics Championships at the Robin Park Arena. Red House achieved some outstanding results with winners of the competition being:
- Lucy Pearce, Clare Wells & Michael Andrews – Javelin
- Jess Brown – Discus and Shot Put
- Harry Thompson – Discus
- Olivia Small & Harrison Evans – High Jump
Olivia Small also came 3rd in both 200m and long jump, Laura Hill came 2nd in the 100m with Lucy Armstrong coming 4th.
Seven pupils will now go on to represent the North at the National ISA Athletics Championships.
The Yr 7 Girls did exceptionally well in winning the North (Pre-Junior Girls) Team Trophy (Pictured left and also team member Lucy who is not pictured).
The PE Department and everyone at Red House are very impressed with success achieved over the course of the day. Other pupils that also deserve a mention, as they just missed out on the top spot, are:
- Rebecca Hall and Phoebe White (1500m)
- Lucy Todd (800m)
- Emily Stewart (high jump)
- Laura Hill who came 2nd to a record breaker on the day in 1 and 200m and she also came 3rd in long jump
Well done to all the pupils who took part in this year’s competition
ISA National Swimming Championships – 18th May 2013
Sam Dixon, Year 11, performed fantastically well at the ISA National Swimming Championships in Coventry. In the U20’s Individual Fly he just missed out on first place, but it was close and the other pupil broke the record, meaning Sam achieved a very respectable 2nd place. Sam also played an important part in the IM relay team, swimming the Fly leg, which they also came 2nd. Finally he took on the freestyle relay which was a thrilling race and they managed to just beat the Midlands to take gold and they were only a fraction off breaking the record!
Boys’ Hockey: U11 – North Final at Leeds – 19th March 2013
The boys’ team performed extremely well at the North Finals at Leeds University.
In the group stages they beat the two North West representatives, Kirkham School (1-0) and Kings School Chester (2-1). These impressive wins secured our place in the semi-final against St. Olaves, York however on the day this team proved stronger and they went on to win the tournament. Well done to the Red House team for reaching the semi-finals.
Girls’ Hockey: Year 10 winners of the Stockton District Indoor Hockey League – 13th March 2013
Congratulations to Year 10 for winning the Stockton District Indoor Hockey League last night.
The score was 2-2 at half time and 7-2 at full time! A nervous first half but all players lifted their game and the first goal in the second half seemed to raise confidence levels. It is a tremendous achievement to win the league and this is the first time they have lifting this particular shield. Well done everyone.
Girls’ Hockey: Year 7 runners up at the Stockton District Hockey Final – 11th March 2013
Well done to all the girls in getting through to the Stockton District Hockey Finals although we came runners up it was a solid team effort.
Girls’ Netball: Year 4 Netball Tournament – 6th March 2013
It was the annual U9 Netball Tournament, it was the first netball fixture ever for all the girls and we were outstanding! A tremendous team performance with goals from Franscesca (1) Lily (1) Lauren (2) and a special mention goes to Iyrah – who was a great captain and led by example scoring a fantastic 9 goals throughout the tournament which was a tremendous achievement!
Impressive set of results:
5-0 win over Durham High, 3-0 win over Teesside High and 2-0 win over St Olaves
The final was a very tough match and on this occasion we came runners up. Congratulations for getting so far and well done to all the girls for playing brilliantly.